Canon Photomarathon 2010 Results

Hey hey hey!!!

I’m back! I simply missed all of you and the hunger of blogging were unbearable.

So, here we go!

Yesterday I went to join Canon Photomarathon 2010 at Suntec Convention Center, Singapore.

The atmosphere were so exciting!

Check out the crowd here!

I was queuing for almost an hour just to submit my first photo! Madness!

Total attendance is more than 1650 photographers!

Here is my first submission. The first theme is Clarity.

Many of the attendance focused on object of visibility. My approach is on hearing clarity.

So I happened to found this handsome young man, hiding at one corner of the music shop experiencing musical bliss.

His expression was captured perfectly.

Next theme is Faith.

I found this old crucifix lied between antiques. I placed it on the top of these ancient copper coins an shot.

This picture was inspired from Matthew 6:33,

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”

The last theme: Charge

Basically I shot these lighted stars in slow shutter speed and move my camera while pressing the trigger.

Not my best effort, 12 hours plus of non-stop photoshoot really drained me.

But…

Here a surprise for all of you,

You saw the most right picture on the Nominees panels?

Yes, that is my second theme: Faith photo! I am shortlisted in Canon Photomarathon 2010 Best Works! I am so happy!

Although in the end I was not selected as the winner (I suspect because I am using Nikon? LOL! Kidding!),

this is a huge encouragement for me to put more effort next time!

Last but not least, I wanna thank you all for the encouraging words to keep me blogging!

I LOVE YOU ALL!! :D

Wonderful to see you back. Your take on clarity was brilliant. The man’s expression does say it all. Faith is a stunning photo and I can see why it was chosen. Congrats on that, even if you didn’t win you still did fantastic being short listed out of all those participants. I really like the entry for “charge” VERY cool

But i love the first picture. Creative enough.

So great to see you putting another post up…and wow what a comeback. All of the shots are excellent and I congratulate you for being short-listed….that is a major achievement from all of the photos that must have been submitted.

I think my favourite out of them all is clarity…not just the photo but the cleverness in which you used the theme too.

But I do love you ‘charge’ photo…i love hoe you have appeared to make the starts moving…I really think I need a good camera to start playing around with as i just love some of the effects you do.

As for faith…it is so great in its simplicity….hey who am I kidding…they are all great and it’s good to be able to see your shots again!!

• Novia says:

Congratulations!! Very nice pictures. I like the second one, it has a very deep meaning. Keep on trying, one day you’ll win!!

• Nicole says:

I remember when you did the marathon!
    Congratulations!
    Next year you win :)!

• Ryan says:

Good to see you back and enjoying it.

• v1olet says:

Glad you’re back :)
    Congratulations!
    I love your ideas of the 3 photos, escpecially The Clarity.

• YN says:

congratz! the second photo ‘faith’ is my fav, great composition, deep meaning, hope u can be the winner next time :)

• Denesa says:

Congratulations! Hard work will pay off. And..yes, glad that you are back:)