Water Zorbing

It’s time to have fun again, and that’s mean…
We are back to Marriott Phuket! :D
There are plenty of activities that can be done in the resort.
One of the activities is Water Zorbing!

Here is how it looks like…

First, the person enter this huge transparent plastic ball while air being pumped inside till it formed full solid sphere.

Then the sphere with the person inside slowly pushed to the swimming pool.

This is where the fun begin!

Balancing the position inside the Zorb Ball can be quite tricky, especially when it placed on the water surface.

So many of them fell head over heels trying. The key to maintain the posture is to spread your legs and arms wide while moving inside the ball (Water Zorbing).

As you can see, this game is not only for kids but can fit adult as well.

Looks like being adult has its advantage. They learnt faster and able to spread wider to maintain their balance.

These are the correct posture inside the Zorb ball.

At first I was tempted to try this as well, here are five top reason I am have not tried it:

1. I was alone.
  2. I was with my monstrous camera (70-200mm f2.8 lens mind you). Leaving it unguarded would be unwise.
  3. That made me the only photographer capable to capture this moment.
  4. I can’t get rid the though of  how much similarity I will be inside the sphere compared to some rodent family inside the pet shop. (Ratty, this might be the answer for your water phobia :P)
  5. I love you guys too much to missed a chance of sharing this awesome Zorb ball game. Would you agree with me? Please? :)

I am so glad you didn’t give it a try and chose to take the pictures instead. That looks incredibly fun. Although I imagine it probably is much more difficult than it might appear. Very cool

• betchai says:

i would probably try :) i will take some photos first of course, and then, when am satisfied with the photos, if the hotel is nearby, I will lock my camera in my hotel room and go for that fun :) it looks awesome, but i am not sure if i can last that long since i am separated with the water, the hydrophilic me would probably want to get into the water, but somewhere with less people :) great shots.

• Lin says:

That would totally creep me out to be in that thing! It looks hot and how do you breathe???

• v1olet says:

Wow …. that water zorbing is cool. Hmmm … I don’t think I could keep my body balance. My posture inside the Zorb Ball would be lying flat on my stomach.

I totally agree with your 4th reason :D

• VanillaSeven says:

Ann: It is much difficult than it looks. Even the trainer only lasted less than 10 secs running.

betchai: I’ve thought of that too. But my hotel room is too far and I have an unfinished fresh coconut with me :) Maybe next time I should bring you instead!

Lin: They pump in oxygen inside too. One game lasted about 5 mins only. That’s the reason I can’t return to my room first.

v1olet: You are not alone in this. They look like the animated hamster in BOLT movie!

• ruthi says:

oh i want to try that a long time ago. looks really cool and fun.

we go away on Saturday and the place we are staying at also has these…here in the UK they are simply called ‘water walkerz’….I doubt I will try it either….probably just because i am a wimp…but you have given me a very good list of excuses not to get inside one and I shall keep them all handy….looks fun but a little scary too!!

• Elvira's Roundabout says:

I’ve seen this on tv and it looks really amazing, you should have try this so you could have told us the feeling to be inside of this big balloon.

• BK says:

That would be really fun! But somehow I still prefer to be directly in the water. :)

• sharkbytes says:

That really looks like fun!

I cannot stand the rolling. It is fun not to get fun from water Zorbing.

• June Zach says:

I’ve seen people enjoying Water Zorbing though I haven’t tried it.
    It looks super fun to me! :D

• VanillaSeven says:

ruthi: Go try, they look fun!

Tanya: Interesting… waterwalkerz… Next time we can just beside the pool and observing them :)

Elvira: I will when I got someone to hold my camera

BK: Not all of us are water babies like you BK :)

sharkie: I believe so.

rainfield: Maybe it feels like inside the washing machine…

June Zach: I know you will like it :)