Public Phone in Singapore

Public phone are slowly become dying relics in modern country like Singapore.

Almost all people, from young to old that can talk, have their own mobile phone.

Those coin-operated nowadays are replaced by card-based public phone.

If we got time to buy those card, might as well we buy prepaid mobile phone card, don’t you agree?

It is getting harder to find a good old fashioned pay phone these days.

• June Zach says:

We do still have coin-operated public phones but as you mentioned they might be removed as card-based public phone is now slowly replacing them.
    Even people have mobile phones these days, public phone is still of great help in case of emergencies.

our phone boxes are becoming few and far between aswell…some now only allow emergency 999 calls which often isn’t very helpful…also they have replaced most of the traditional red call boxes with metal and glass structures…I miss the splash of colour in the countryside!!!

• Icy BC says:

That’s interesting looking phones..I only saw the coin operated here still..

• rainfield` says:

“Hello.”

“Hello, who are you?”

“I am Vanillaseven.”

• Blog Angel a.k.a. Joella says:

We still have them in Canada, coin operated phones that is. I am one person who does use them. Why you might ask? I don’t own a cell phone.

I don’t have much use for one, so I just don’t bother.

Nice close up shot BTW.

• Denesa@parentimes says:

These public coin phones are still available in schools here in Singapore as the younger children are not allowed to bring mobile phones to school.

• ruthi says:

What a classic! Love it.

• VanillaSeven says:

ann: Yes indeed.

JuneZach: The card-based is harder to use since we have to purchased it first.

Tanya: Agree with you. The red booth makes it easier for people to spot it from distance.

Icy: Coin based still useful no matter what.

rainfield: Stop it. You freaked me out LOL :D

Joella: It’s good to know that there are still people out there free from the influence of mobile phone :)

Denesa: Good to hear that :)

ruthi: Thank you :)

• Ryan says:

The old red phone boxes that are left in the UK are actually becoming listed buildings, crazy or what?

• Marg says:

They are few and far between. Wonder what the difference between the red ones and the white ones is. But that is a great picture. I do have a cell phone just for emergencies when I am out and about.
    Have a great day.

• Lin says:

I haven’t seen a pay phone in years! It seems the whole world has cell phones now and everyone is talking to somebody. I wonder how we drove, shopped, or lived without talking to someone constantly! Me–I hardly use mine–I’m the oddball.