Afternoon Tea Time

Tea break or Afternoon tea is a light meal typically eaten between 3pm and 5pm.

Afternoon Tea is generally available in high-end hotels, restaurants and cafés.

many British take a much simpler refreshment consisting of tea and biscuits at teatime.

Now if you excuse me, I need to enjoy my tea before it turned cold :)

Which tea flavor do you like the most?

• aleXa says:

for tea, I like any kind of flavor, but my fav is always jasmine :) nice shots

• v1olet says:

Jasmine tea is my favorite.

• betchai says:

i like jasmine, and i like chamomille too when i want to sleep :)

• Duni says:

I love having afternoon tea…I indulge in it whenever possible!
    I love that tea cup in the first photo :)

• Nicole says:

That looks delicious!
    Great Photos!

• June Zach says:

Splendid! We don’t drink tea like you do. I mean we do drink tea but in a different kind of way. I know it’s part of your culture and I adore you for that. I love to learn your ways. :)

Being very typically British I love tea. Traditionally you would take tea with salmon sandwiches with the crust cut off and sometimes a little cucumber added…or scones with butter, jam and clotted cream on top. I’m proud to be British!!!!

I remember my Swedish friend visiting us and when she went home her whole family thought she was bizarre for the amount of tea she was drinking…and to this day she still loves our English scones…happy memories!!

alexa, violet, betchai: Jasmine is very popular because of their fragrance. I like chamomile too :)

Duni: That tea cup is special for that tea only. I will show you more soon!

Nicole: Thanks!

JuneZach: Can you elaborated how you drink your tea there?

Tanya: Thanks for sharing your tradition. British have a very strong tradition in tea appreciation indeed! :)

• Marg says:

I don’t drink tea because I can’t have any caffeine. But that does look delicious. Probably the best picture of a cup of tea I have ever seen. The biscuits look great too.

I love just about any kind of tea. I recently was introduced to chai tea and I loved it. The flavor and the aroma were wonderful

• June Zach says:

@ Vanilla Seven
    We usually drink tea in sachet packs. We just place the sachet in a cup and pour hot water unlike yours that you prepare it in a special kind of way and the container of your tea is majestic. Another thing would be that most of us like iced tea compared to hot tea. I know the hot one has healthier benefits. :)

Marg: How about decaf drinks?

ann: Chai tea? hmm.. I should try it one day :)

JuneZach: Aah, yes. Now I remembered. Your countrymen loves ice tea and Coke best! :) Cold drinks always more tempting than hot drinks in tropical countries like us.

• Cashmere says:

I love strawberry tea! I have tons of them at home.. :D

• Ratty says:

I always liked the idea of tea time. We don’t really do this in the US. I think we should change that.

• Ana Goncalves says:

Beautiful photographs.

For me tea time is anytime I feel and I tend to stick to non-caffeine and herbal teas of any kind.

I simply love tea!

Love that teapot! Drank out of one in London once at a Chinese or Japanese Tea shop.

Love the saucer set too. I like anything antique when it comes to sets of tea pots and saucers. They are truly divine.

Its wonderful to be back on your blog again.

I’ve missed you!

• VanillaSeven says:

Cashmere: Are you a Tea supplier? :D

Ratty: Revolution always start from one person’s idea :)