The Propeller

I shoot this private plane at Seletar airbase.

A propeller is a type of fan which transmits power by converting rotational motion into thrust. A pressure difference is produced between the forward and rear surfaces of the airfoil-shaped blade, and air or water is accelerated behind the blade.

Early aircraft propellers were carved by hand from solid or laminated wood with later propellers being constructed from metal. The most modern propeller designs use high-technology composite materials.

These planes are very well maintained and also high in maintenance.

I always wanna try to fly a plane, must be very fun doing maneuver in the air. Have you tried it? :)

• v1olet says:

I don’t think I could fly a plane …
    I would rather be a passenger of well maintained VanillaSeven airlines :)

• Ratty says:

I really like the reflection in the propeller tip in the first photo. I’ve only ever been in an airplane maybe three times in my life, and not one that small. It might be fun to learn to fly a plane.

• alexa says:

Fly the plane? The truth is I’d never think of it. To think again, I would be rather be a passenger only :) Well shots

Interesting pics…it’s amazing how something so simple can be made inot such a great shot!!

• Jouir la vie says:

I can not fly, but when you will be the captain, I will come with you up in the air…
    Servus and have a nice day
    Kvelli

• Icy BC says:

Great photos..I can also see the reflection of the airport..

• sharkbytes says:

I like how shiny everything is. I don’t think most planes are so clean.

• Secondary Roads says:

I haven’t been at the controls, but when I was a youngster my dad took flying lessons and I flew with him several times. The most fun was in an open cockpit bi-plane. Imagine the thrill of feeling that much wind in your hair.

• Marg says:

That does look very shiny and clean. Does that plane actually do some flying and if so, how does it stay so clean. Great picture.

• VanillaSeven says:

@v1olet: You’re sure be well maintained at VS airlines :lol:
    @Ratty: How about learning it together? :)
    @alexa, Tanya Walton, Icy BC, Marq: thank you!
    @sharkbytes: I think this plane just being washed, that’s why it looks so clean
    @Jouir: Then I’m sure not to forget you on the next VS flight, if I have any :)